The Kenneth Mark Drain Chair in Ethics at Trent University

Looking for my research? You probably need the Weebly website.



Friday, August 3, 2012

Teaching this fall: Kant's ethics

My fourth-year course looks, to my eyes, perfect. (Sorry, students, I'm not teaching another course this term, as I chair the Philosophy department instead.) 

Students may notice that what I consider perfect, they consider a crushing workload suitable to graduate school.  To which I can only say, Yes, that sounds about right!  Trust me, you'll learn a lot if you try to do it all.  You may not get an A, but that's hardly the point.  And I didn't put the A out of reach; it's just that you have to read some of the most difficult philosophical works, and write about them with consistent excellence, to get it.  Let me know if I can help with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment