The Kenneth Mark Drain Chair in Ethics at Trent University

Looking for my research? You probably need the Weebly website.



Thursday, July 14, 2011

Upcoming ethics events at Trent

On October 12, 2011, the delightful Prof. Roger S. Gottlieb will be speaking at Trent as my first annual Ethics Chair guest lecturer.  He and I have tentatively agreed on the loose title, "Spirituality and Sustainability," but anyone who knows Roger realizes this title covers vast amounts of his work.  We've met on occasion and had speaking gigs at the same conferences, but I've never before had the opportunity to have him as my guest, talking to my own students.  I wish the students of mine at St. Mary's College of Maryland who read his book, A Greener Faith, had gotten to grill the author!

This coming March, the Philosophy department holds the annual Ryle Lecture Series, and this year Sally Haslanger has happily accepted our invitation.  Sally has proposed the dates of March 19-20-21, 2012, and yes, she's speaking all three nights!  Stay tuned for more developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment